Mission : Reaching Muslims for Christ!
Persian Ministries International (PMI) is an evangelistic non-profit Christian organization that was founded by Reverend Donald Fareed in 2000 with a vision of reaching over 100 million Persian-speaking Muslims worldwide with the gospel and democracy. PMI vision is to equip churches in North America to reach to ALL Muslims in their communities.
PMI encourages Iranians to press the Islamic Republic of Iran for religious freedom and democracy using Martin Luther King, Jr.’s principles of civil disobedience and nonviolent, passive resistance.
PMI also promotes peace and understanding between Muslims and Christians by encouraging them to begin dialogue about faith, freedom and democracy and by correcting the misunderstandings that exist between the two religions.
Currently, Persian Ministries International is:
- Presenting the Gospel and democracy to millions of Muslims worldwide via a Muslim satellite television and Internet.
- Developing leaders and planting house churches inside Iran, the only Shi'ite Muslim country and Muslim theocracy in the world.
- Equipping churches in the U.S., through church based seminars, to broaden the understanding among American of Islam and at the same time finding and teaching ways to effectively build bridges with the local Muslim community.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.